If I’m being honest, I’ve been feeling a bit bummed out by the news lately. There are a lot of news stories that make me sad, but the ones that make me feel the most helpless are the ones about our planet. Global warming is real and the fact that we as a society aren’t taking greater strides to curb carbon emissions really worries me about our future.
Instead of just throwing up my hands, I’ve been trying to focus on what I personally can do to make a difference. It all boils down to our favorite 90’s saying: reduce, reuse, recycle. I’m buying less, finding ways to repurpose what I have, and making sure to recycle everything I can. And I’m also using my purchasing power to support eco-friendly brands and products. Here are seven products that can help you live a little greener each and every day.
7 eco-friendly products
- Re-usable water bottles – Josh and I have stopped buying plastic water bottles in favor of drinking from the tap and refilling reusable water bottles. I love Swell water bottles and the fun patterns and colors they come in. They also keep my drinks cold and fit well in my hand.
- Glass food containers – I cringe when I think about how many plastic bags and containers I used to bring to school and work. I’ve switched over to glass food containers and can’t be happier. It’s better for me and better for the environment. This set is great quality and super affordable on Amazon.
- Re-usable batteries – This choice is both good for the planet and your wallet! Plus, by having rechargeable batteries on hand you won’t have to run to the store every time you find yourself needing a battery.
- Eco-friendly makeup – I could dedicate a whole post to makeup that is good for you, good for animals, and good for the planet, but today let’s focus on the planet. These are quality makeup brushes that are also made out of recycled materials. I am a fan.
- Cloth shopping bags – There really is no use or excuse for using plastic shopping bags anymore. Cloth shopping bags are incredibly durable and cost as little as 50 cents. We take reusable shopping bags to the grocery store each week. I love this bag and the fact that it supports sustainability and ending hunger.
- Clothes made from recycled materials – Did you know Adidas has an entire line of products made from recycled plastics? It’s called Parley and it is super freaking cute. They have clothes, shoes, and accessories. I love that I can buy something new that’s made of repurposed materials.
- At home coffee bar – Josh and I have kissed our Keurig goodbye. It was littering our trash with K-Cups that I just didn’t feel good about. We replaced it with a full-service coffee bar that makes everything from cups of regular coffee to lattes from the comfort of our kitchen.
Questions of the Day: Do you care about reducing your carbon footprint? What eco-friendly products do you like to buy?
Thanks to adidas for sponsoring this post! All thoughts and opinions are my own.
I like buying eco friendly products. It helps me feel that I am doing my part for nature.
Lanae Bond says
Thanks for sharing! These products will not only help the environment but will benefit our health.
I love my swell bottle! I take it with me everywhere!
Lisa Favre says
I absolutely love the cloth shopping bag you featured. It is so darn cute and making me want to get one immediately!
Madi Rowan says
I love that woman on a mission bag! I try my best to do my part to reduce my carbon footprint! I recently switched over to using a menstrual cup because of how many feminine hygiene products end up in landfills!
I love these ideas! Thanks so much.
Annemarie LeBlanc says
My family makes it a point to reduce waste so we always have reusable cloth shopping bags in the car. Reusable water bottles and glass food containers are what we use for packing lunch and drinks. I would want to look into those clothes made my Adidas out of recycled materials.
Emman Damian says
I love eco bags as they are re-usable and so nice! You can also personalize it as a gift to your friends and family.
Lavern Moore says
I would love to check out the reusable water bottle. It looks cool and chic—something that I would not mind carrying with me.
Reusable water bottles are a must. You’ll be amazed by how many disposable water bottles you can consume if you’re one who buys them at the convenient stores a lot.
Thanks for bringing these to the attention of everyone. It’s important for all of us to do what we can to help out the environment.
Autumn Murray says
Thank you for this list. I am always looking for eco-friendly products to add to my daily routine.
Ren Anderson says
I’ve started using the Hefty EnergyBag Program: https://www.hefty.com/hefty-energybag/hefty-energybag-program
It’s so easy and I’ve found that almost all of the things going in my trash now are food scraps!
I love the Hefty EnergyBag program!! It makes it so much easier for me to cut down on my waste!