Disclaimer: I received free Stonyfield products and a stipend to purchase ingredients for this recipe. All thoughts and opinions are my own.
Is your mouth watering yet?
I have been craving biscuits for so long. Warm carbs are basically my happy place. So when I received a box of Petite Creme and Bonne Maman jam in the mail, I knew it was biscuit time. Petite Creme is a new addition to the Stonyfield line that I’m actually liking even more than Greek yogurt. It is super creamy, comes in a variety of flavors, is organic, has way less sugar, a little bit of fat (this helps keep me fuller longer), and a lot of protein.
Petite Creme Biscuits with Jam
Makes 18 biscuits
- 3 cups flour
- 1 tablespoon granulated sugar
- 2 1/2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 3/4 cup cold unsalted butter, cut into pieces
- 1 5.3 oz container of Petite Creme (I used the vanilla flavor.)
- 1 large egg, beaten
- 4 tablespoons cold water
- 1 large egg, beaten, for brushing on biscuits
- Sugar, for garnish
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees. Line two large baking sheets with parchment paper.
- In one bowl, sift together flour, sugar, baking powder, baking soda, and salt. Using your fingers, add in the butter. Work the dough until mixture resembles a coarse meal.
- In another bowl, whisk together Petite Creme, egg, and water. Add liquid ingredients to flour mixture, stirring until dough barely comes together. Make sure not to over-stir! Transfer the mixture to a floured countertop and knead until the dough comes together. Don’t overwork the dough.
- Roll out the dough into a 1-inch thick circle using a rolling pin. Cut into 2×2-inch squares. Combine dough scraps and roll out again to make remaining biscuits.
- Place biscuits on prepared baking sheets, brush with the egg wash, and sprinkle with sugar. Bake for 12-15 minutes. Serve warm with your favorite Bonne Maman jam!
The smell that fills your place as the biscuits bake is the best smell ever.
I loved how simple these were to make and how absolutely delicious they turned out to be.
The jam is the perfect compliment to the biscuit. Pair it with a cup of coffee and you have my favorite breakfast as of late. 😀
Questions of the Day: Do you like biscuits? What’s your favorite flavor of jam? Have you tried Stonyfield Petite Creme yet?