Happy Friday guys! I feel like this week has absolutely flown by. Work was super busy this week and I find that busy days go by the fastest. I’m looking forward to a relaxing weekend and going to see Sleeping Beauty with Josh tomorrow! Here’s what else I’m loving this Friday:
1. Speaking of work, I am really loving my job. I’m learning so much, am working on interesting and challenging projects, and have such talented, supportive co-workers. I feel very fortunate and am very thankful that this opportunity came my way.
2. I got a lot of requests for a recipe when I mentioned making this cheesy pasta last weekend. Ask and you shall receive! This dinner came about because I was sent some Simply Artisan Reserve Blue Cheese Crumbles to try. I love blue cheese and wanted to try making it the star of a pasta dish. I was not disappointed and loved how rich and tangy this dish was without being heavy or overpowering. If you try it, I hope you love it!
Blue Cheese Shell Pasta
- 1lb shell pasta
- 4oz 2% milk
- 4 Tbsp unsalted butter
- 4 oz Simply Artisan Blue cheese Crumbles
- 2 oz fresh grated Parmesan cheese
- 1/2 C chopped walnuts
- 1/2 C frozen peas, thawed
- 2 C baby arugula
- Garlic powder, white pepper, and black pepper, to taste
- Boil pasta according to recipe, draining when it is barely al dente.
- Heat a skillet over medium heat and add the walnuts, stirring constantly, until the nuts are lightly toasted and fragrant (about 2-3 minutes)
- Transfer walnuts to a small bowl to cool.
- In a large skillet, melt butter over medium heat and then and add blue cheese and milk. Whisk constantly until mixture is evenly incorporated.
- Stir in the garlic powder and white and black pepper, then add the peas and let simmer for five minutes.
- Stir in pasta and cook for approximately another five minutes.
- Reduce heat to low and add the arugula, stirring until it wilts evenly (about 3-5 minutes).
- Remove from heat, serve, and enjoy.
3. I have needed a new bathrobe for ages. I came across this Himalayan Hooded bathrobe while browsing Anthropologie and fell in love. I have been living in it and have no plans to change that anytime soon. It’s warm, soft, and incredibly flattering for a bathrobe!
4. This Tori Kelly song is the sweetest. And I love that it features Ed Sheeran. It has been on repeat for days.
5. I am in love with the pom hat trend. After a lot of searching I finally found a cute one at Macy’s made of faux fur. Bonus points for it being crazy cheap. What do you think?
Questions of the Day: How do you feel about pom hats? Do you like blue cheese? What are you loving this Friday?