Happy Friday! I’m so excited for a three-day weekend. But before I jump ahead, let me look back and show you what I loved about this week:
1. The YAP Garden Party at The Joslyn Art Museum. Bad weather caused the event to be moved inside but it was still so much fun. There was a DJ, food from Localmotive and Jones Bros, drinks created by the Omaha Bartenders Guild, and yard games like bowling and life-size Jenga. Josh and I had a great time.
2. I went to Modern Love for a second time and fell in love with these vegan mac ‘n shews. I wish I could eat this every day. It was so good!
3. This map shows the value of $100 in each state. It is crazy to see how far (or how little) $100 goes depending on where you live. Yay for living in Nebraska!
4. A Walk to Remember was on ABC Family the other day and I had to watch it. I’m a little bummed because I chose watching a movie over doing pilates for the day. (This week has honestly sucked for workouts. I’m excited to turn that around.) But A Walk to Remember is such a beautiful story and one I haven’t seen in years. It made me feel all the feels. And cry like a baby while Josh looked at me like I was crazy for voluntarily watching something that made me so sad.
5. I am loving the Omaha Junior League. We had our first new member meeting this past week and then a social hour afterwards. The ladies in Junior League are so friendly and outgoing. I’m excited to get to know them better. I’m also really excited to start volunteering. I just signed up to volunteer with the Omaha Symphony Orchestra for a kids Halloween party. It sounds like it’s going to be a lot of fun! And little kids in costumes are the cutest things ever!
Questions of the Day: What are you loving this week? Do you like vegan food? What is a movie that always makes you cry but you still love to watch anyways?